If you struggle to get up in the morning, or would like to start your day differently and more mindfully, try this Morning Mindset Routine.
It wakes up your brain, wakes up your mind, and gives you a strong foundation for the day.
Follow these 4 simple steps:
- One Deep Breath – roughly inhaling for 4 seconds, and exhaling for 8 seconds.
- One thought of Gratitude – not a checklist. Just one thought that you are incredibly grateful for, and FEEL it in your body.
- Set an Intention. Not what you’re going to do today, but how you’re going to be today.
- Feel your feet on the ground. Sit up, swing your legs around and place your feet on the floor. Be where your feet are. Be grounded in the present moment. Take a moment for your mind and your body to be in the same place.
* Dawn’s addition – with your feet on the floor say out loud “Today I am present, calm and productive. Today I have the best day possible. Today I am balanced and peaceful.” (Or choose your own words)
This comes from Dr Michael Gervais on the Rich Roll podcast # 120.
I hope you try it, and find it makes a positive difference to your day!