My recipe is tried and tested, and it’s so delicious that I eat it every day!
It’s tasty, nutritious, cheap and low in calories. What more could you ask for?
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Green Soup recipe!
- 1 batch of bone broth * or stock cubes
- 3 large courgettes roughly chopped (1.4 kg)
- A head of celery, chopped (600g)
- 600g fresh spinach
- Basil leaves (as many as you have – remove stalks) or a headed tablespoon of dried basil
- 4 to 6 peeled garlic cloves (16g)
- 2 inches of fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced
Heat the bone broth in a large pot over a medium heat.
Add all of the ingredients EXCEPT SPINACH.
Add water to ensure the vegetables are covered.
Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
While the soup is still hot use an immersion/stick blender to blend soup until smooth.
Now add the spinach and allow it to wilt. (Put the lid back on the pan but do not return the pan to the heat.)
After 10 minutes blend the soup again.
- Option to serve with shredded chicken and/or avocado slices.
- Adjust quantities of garlic and ginger to suit your taste.
- I like to add a quarter of a chopped avocado while heating a portion of soup (2 cups), and then blend until smooth. This creates a really creamy soup.
How to make chicken Bone Broth *
Chicken bones (from your Sunday roasted chicken)
2 – 4 peeled garlic cloves
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
8 cups water
1 pinch salt
After meat is removed, place the leftover chicken bones into a slow-cooker or saucepan.
Add garlic, apple cider vinegar, water, and salt.
Cook on low for at least 4 hours. Top up water when necessary.
Remove bones and discard. This may take a while as you remove the tiny piece of meat from the bones, but be patient as these few minutes will make all the difference to your soup.
Store in jars in fridge or freezer.
*QUICK RECIPE OPTION: USE SHOP BOUGHT BONE BROTH OR STOCK – and for vegan/vegetarian, simply substitute with vegetable broth