Add these ingredients to your glass bowl and soak overnight
- 30g Steel cut oats
- 350ml Water approx.
- 10g Ground chia seeds*
- 10g Ground golden flax/linseeds*
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4-6 semi-dried prunes, cut into small pieces
Add these ingredients during or after the cooking process
- Banana – sliced (Add from the start of cooking for sweetness)
- 100g Blueberries – fresh or frozen**
- 100g Strawberries – fresh or frozen**
- 14g Goji berries
- 10g chopped walnuts
- 15g Brazil nuts***
- 10g hulled chopped hemp seeds
- 10g pollen
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar glaze (yes!)
* Buy whole seeds and grind them yourself. One ground, store in glass jars in the fridge.
** If using frozen berries, take out of the freezer the night before, when you prepare the oats.
*** Soak the Brazil nuts in water overnight, and rinse in fresh water before eating. You will be able to slice them after they’ve been soaked, as they’re soft.
- Add the soaked ingredients to a saucepan and cook gently for at least 5 minutes
- Stir often if your pan is non-stick!
- Add the blueberries to the saucepan
- Chop the fresh strawberries. If using frozen, mash them with a fork in the glass dish.
- Take the pan off the heat
- Add the strawberries
- Stir well
- Add a sprinkle of Himalayan salt to sweeten**** – taste for sweetness
- Sprinkle with Brazil nuts, walnuts, hemp seeds and/or pollen
**** The healthiest sweetener is date syrup, which you can buy ready made, or make yourself by blending pitted dates and water in a high speed blender.
Other porridge flavour combinations
Apple & Cinnamon
Cacao & Berry
Cardamom & Tahini