Superb Shoulder Stretch!
Marichi Pose is my absolute favourite shoulder stretch.
If you spend any time working on a computer or driving, this stretch will help to open your chest and allow your shoulder muscles to stretch and relax.
Here’s my step-by-step guide. I hope you find it useful.
- Sit up tall. Pull naval towards spine. Legs straight in front of you. Press heels away from you.
2.Bend right leg, foot flat on the floor. Bring right heel as close to the body as possible.
3. Support leg with both hands and step the right leg out to the right side of the body.
4. Reach forward as far as you can with the right hand.
Press right tricep against right knee.
5. Reach right hand behind the body.
5. Reach behind with the left hand, and clasp hands.
Lift the chest.
Breathe and relax into the stretch.
Hold the pose for at least 20 seconds before gently unravelling.
Do the same with the left arm and leg.
Then repeat both sides.